Paralela 45 Publishing House was founded in 28 November 1994 by Călin Vlasie.
In the first years our interest has turned to publishing educational books and contemporary Romanian literature. Since 2000, the editorial production has permanently diversified, so that currently we are publishing Romanian and foreign literature, social and human sciences, philosophy, history, religion, law, economics, science books, art books, practical books, literature for children and teenagers, university textbooks, didactical methods books, handbooks and auxiliary books.
Currently, Paralela 45 Publishing House has over 72 collections, covering over 70 editorial areas including: biography, business, children, college, fiction, computer, cookbooks, criticism, cultural studies, diet, drama, education, entertainment, erotica, essays, family, fitness, food, foreign languages, health, history, how to, language, law, lifestyle, literature, mathematics, medical, memoir, parenting, philosophy, poetry, psychiatry, reference, relationship, religion, school, science, self help, software, spirituality, sports, teaching, technology. Also, Editura Paralela 45 has: 9 websites, 15 Facebook pages and 5 online magazines. Most of these collections are registered with the State Office for Inventions and Trademarks (OSIM).
We are a publisher with an encyclopedic profile, a publisher for everyone!
We have published almost 5000 titles, in over 18 million copies.
Websites and Facebook pages:
- www.edituraparalela45.ro & https://www.facebook.com/edituraparalela.patruzecisicinci/
- www.concursurilecomper.ro & https://www.facebook.com/concursurilecomper.ro/
- www.timtim-timy.ro & https://www.facebook.com/timtimtimy.concursul/
- www.Qvis.ro & https://www.facebook.com/qvis.eportofoliulelevului/
- www.Qedu.ro & https://www.facebook.com/qedu.eportofoliulcadrelordidactice/
- www.qpoem.com & https://www.facebook.com/groups/1044430055589898/
- www.qproza.com & https://www.facebook.com/groups/1583099532002052/
- www.kerismith.ro & https://www.facebook.com/KeriSmithRomania/ (Jurnalul meu trăsnit)
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/982787988453440/ (Romanian Literature Teacher’s Group)
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/155635028131541/ (National Club for Lecture and Creative Writing)
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1664312897155413/ (National and International Olympiad for Reading)
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546923565598799/?fref=ts (National and International Olympiad for Linguistics)
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1532866830369712/ (National and International Olympiad for Romanian Language and Literature)
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1530330357264159/?fref=ts (Mathematics Library)
- Revista Invatamantului Preuniversitar
- Revista ComputerMath
- Revista Qedu
- Revista Qpoem
- Revista Qproza
Paralela 45 Publishing House is an active member of the Romanian Publishers Association, as well as of the Publisher Federation from Romania.
PARALELA 45 Publishing House is a CNCS – category B certified publisher.
Our books are sold both through all bookstores and book wholesalers and retailers in the country, as well as through our own sales system which can be accessed through our company website www.edituraparalela45.ro. (How do I buy?).
PARALELA 45 Publishing House is always present at the most important book fairs in Europe (Paris, London, Frankfurt, Bologna, Geneva, Tel Aviv, etc.) and has numerous awards to his credit, both for editorial work and for the value of the published books, awarded by: International Book Fair „Gaudeamus” („Excellence Award” in 2001 and 2008), the Writers Union of Romania, Association of Professional Writers in Romania, Romanian Academy, the Writers’ Union of Moldova, Romanian Publishers Association, magazines „Cuvantul” „Romania literara”, etc., the „Francophonie Award”, the Prix Saint-Exupery / ValeursJeunesse (2006).
Over the years, we have translated and published many foreign books (from English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Swedish and so on). Among the foreign publisher that we worked with we can mention: Harper Collins, Ebury Press, A. M. Heath & Co, Hay House, MacMillan, Simon & Schuster, Transworld (from UK), Curtis Brown, Facts On File, Grand Central Publishing, Hyperion, Knopf Doubleday Group, Pearson Technology Group, Penguin Group (USA), Albin Michel, Actes Sud, Calmann-Levy, Bayard, Robert Laffont, Tallandier (France), Bertelsmann, Ullstein, Eichborn, Rowohlt (Germany).